Value Stream Mapping is a powerful visualization tool to see and understand the flow of material and information as a product or service makes its way through the value stream, and to identify the non-value adding activities and waste present within the organization.
After going through Value Stream Mapping training participants will understand and learn about:
- Understand the importance of focusing on the value stream.
- Understand the concept of organizational value and waste.
- Understand the importance of value stream mapping in improving business performance.
- Learn structured methods for conducting value stream mapping including Current and Future State mapping.
- Learn how to achieve the Future State with the Value Stream Plan.
Who Should Attend :
Lean Managers Process Engineer
Project Managers Quality Managers
Vendor Managements Sourcing Managers
Benefits of Attending
This course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to undertake value stream mapping to eliminate waste in their organization’s processes and to use value stream maps as a basis for identifying and prioritizing future Lean improvement projects that will bring real benefits to the process flow.
Value Stream Mapping training workshop will offer following benefits:
- Trace a value stream and identify waste in its flow.
- View products from a system perspective.
- Map the value stream’s material and information flows.
- Prioritize activities needed to achieve the future state.
- Plan effective change processes.
- Establishing ‘Future State’ implementation strategy development and deployment.
- Identifying opportunities and problem areas within existing business Value Streams.
- Modelling and assessing the impact of any proposed changes to a key process.
Overview of Value Stream Mapping
Understanding the concept of Value Stream Mapping, Essentiality of Value Stream Mapping as a tool, Understanding the importance of flow of material and information in mapping process, Selecting a product family, Understanding the importance and role of Value Stream Manager in value Stream Mapping
Current State Mapping
How to create a current state map, Understanding it’s improvisation and liability through real time example, Use of symbols and icons in value stream mapping, Important mapping tips, Evaluating the concept of “Drawing By Hand In Pencil”, Exercising material and information flow, Learning Data Collection process, Self assessment practice activity.
Understand how to effectively track COQ performance, Be aware of the need to use data to prioritize improvement targets, Realize the importance of addressing the root cause or source of problems, Be able to apply the PDCA cycle to COQ efforts
Corrective Actions Against High Costs
Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Kaizen Overview, Know how to use “Approximation Values” for COQ inputs, Be able to calculate Cost of Quality for each of the PAF categories and convert those inputs into COQ %, Understand how to develop a COQ Reporting and Tracking System
Costs of Good Quality
Prevention Costs – Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Preventive Action – Statistical Stability, Prediction / Process Capability
Feedback From Past Participants
“This workshop helped us to learn about the techniques and approaches for map the value stream’s material and information flows.”
“This workshop had the knowledge to identifying opportunities and problem areas within existing business Value Streams.”
“The trainer guidance has helped us to learn how to achieve the future State with the Value Stream Plan.”