Enhancing Human Skill by Dojo Training in Manufacturing
The latest concern and opportunity that lies in Manufacturing is the under utilization of the human potential of the Blue Collar Workforce.
Blue-Collar Workforce: The Blue-Collar workforce is the spectra of employees that add real value to the Product of a Manufacturing organization. By virtue of the large size of the workforce, the overall Manufacturing cost/conversion cost /quality/safety depends on the Skill Level as well as the value addition done by them.
Lean, Six Sigma, and other tools are good to a large extent while planning for Manufacturing Cost Reduction Projects, but the question still remains: Are We Utilising The Actual Potential Human Skill Of Our WorkForce? If no What Next?
The GOD lies in detail ( and the Devil too). Studies show that the elemental activities ( second by second activity ) done by an operator / a worker, the Work speed (SOP), Quality, and Safety associated with these activities can be improved to a large extent just by inculcating a human- sense based activity alignment.
Some Examples Are As Below :
- Picking Exact Number of Bolts From the Point to Use Bin
- Picking Right Nuts / Bolts ( M6 vs M8 ) without seeing
- Improving Left Right Hands For Parallel Activity
- Tighten bolts / Nuts without Torque Wrench For Tightening
- It measures Temperature Without a Thermometer
- It measures Accurate Length without Scale
- Measure Vibration by Hand
- Measure Weight without Balance
- Place Material in Bins / Slot Without Seeing
- Select the Right tools/wrench without trial -fit
- Pick Material with both hands simultaneously (Point of Use)
- Insert Pin’s Accurately Without Seeing Holes / Slots
- Balance and Push material in conveyor to Exact Distance
- Travel Standard Distance inside Shop Floor
- Estimation and Calculation for Bin’s, Parts, Area, etc.
- Estimating Circular Rotation with our measuring the Rotation Degree
See this to Believe – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn4lpt6Rg1I
Recall your childhood when you were learning to ride a bicycle, it was difficult to ride / pedal without seeing the pedals. But once you rode it for some days you never-ever needed to see the pedal. Have you ever thought that this level of expertise can be developed?
|To get more details about DOJO Training Center: Click Me|