Enhancing Human Skill by Dojo Training in Manufacturing
The latest concern and opportunity that lies in Manufacturing is the under utilization of the human potential of Blue Collar Workforce.
Blue -Collar Workforce: The Blue-Collar workforce is the spectra of employees that add real value to the Product of a Manufacturing organization. By virtue of the large size of the workforce, the overall Manufacturing cost/conversion cost /quality/safety depends on the Skill Level as well as the value addition done by them.
Lean, Six Sigma and other tools are good to a large extent while planning for Manufacturing Cost Reduction Projects, but the question still remains: Are We Utilising The Actual Potential Human Skill Of Our WorkForce? If no What Next?
The GOD lies in detail’s ( and the Devil too). Studies show that the elemental activities ( second by second activity ) done by an operator / a worker, the Workspeed (SOP), Quality and Safety associated with these activities can be improved to a large extent just by inculcating a human- sense based activity alignment.
Some Examples Are As Below :
- Picking Exact Number of Bolts From the Point to Use Bin
- Picking Right Nuts / Bolts ( M6 vs M8 ) without seeing
- Improving Left Right Hands For Parallel Activity
- Tighten bolts / Nuts without Torque Wrench For Tightening
- It measures Temperature without Thermometer
- It measure Accurate Length without Scale
- Measure Vibration by Hand
- Measure Weight without Balance
- Place Material in Bins / Slot Without Seeing
- Select the Right tools/wrench without trial -fit
- Pick Material by both hands simultaneously (Point of Use)
- Insert Pin’s Accurately Without Seeing Holes / Slot’s
- Balance and Push material in conveyor to Exact Distance
- Travel Standard Distance inside Shop Floor
- Estimation and Calculation for Bin’s, Parts, Area, etc.
- Estimating Circular Rotation with our measuring the Rotation Degree
Recall your childhood when you were learning to ride a bicycle , it was difficult to ride / pedal without seeing the pedals. But once you rode it for some days you never-ever needed to see the pedal.
Have you ever thought that this level of expertise can be developed – See this to Believe – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn4lpt6Rg1I