Effective Line Balancing forms the core of every successful organization as the strive to increase productivity without incurring unnecessary costs gathers steam.
Cellular manufacturing is a manufacturing process that produces families of parts within a single line operated by machinists who work only within the line or cell.
After going through Line Balancing & Cellular Manufacturing training participants will understand and learn about:
- Understand about the fundamentals of Line balancing.
- Learn about the benefits and drawbacks of Cellular Manufacturing.
- Understand about the Line Balancing Algorithms.
- Learn about the designing complex manufacturing cell.
- Understand about the application of Line Balancing in assembly and production line.
- Understand the sequencing and scheduling problems in any operation systems.
Learn about the methods of line balancing
Who Should Attend :
Top Managements Design Engineer
Process Engineer Project Managers
Quality Managers Project Engineers
Benefits of Attending
It is leveling the workload across all processes in a cell or value stream to remove bottlenecks and excess capacity. Cellular manufacturing allows companies to provide their customers with the right product at the exact time. Line Balancing & Cellular Manufacturing training workshop will offer following benefits:
- Reduction in setup time
- Reduction in work in progress
- Reduction in material handling cost and time
- Reduction in material flow distance
- Improvement in machine utilization
- Reduction in production lead time
- Improvement in quality
- Better worker morale
- Improved process efficiency
- Increased production rate
- Reduced total processing time
- Minimum or Zero Ideal Time
- Potential increase in profits and decrease in costs
Introduction to Line Balancing Concept
Fundamentals of Line balancing, Why line balancing is productive , Different Components of Line Balancing, Application of Line Balancing in Assembly and Production Line
Line Balancing Procedure
Basic information, Drawing the Precedence Chart, Line speed and cycle time, Calculating number of work stations, Potential efficiency, Assignment of elements and trial balances, Calculation of efficiency
Line Balancing Algorithms
1 – Largest candidate rule
2 – Kilbridge and Wester method
3 – Ranked positional weights method, also known as the Helgeson and Birne method
Overview of Cellular Manufacturing
Introduction of Cellular Manufacturing Concept, What is cell?, Benefits and Drawbacks of Cellular Manufacturing, Types of Manufacturing Cell
Steps to Plan A Simple Manufacturing Cell
1 – Orient the Project 4 – Couple into the Cell Plans
2 – Classify the Parts 5 – Select the Best plan
3 – Analyze the Process 6 – Detail and implement the Plan
Designing Complex Manufacturing Cell & Issues
Phase I – Orientation Phase III – Detailed Cell Plans
Phase II – Overall Cell Plan Phase IV – Implementation
Feedback From Past Participants
“This workshop helped us to learn about the benefits and drawbacks of Cellular Manufacturing”.
“This workshop had the knowledge about the application of Line Balancing in assembly and production line.”
“The trainer guidance has helped us to learn about the designing complex manufacturing cell.”