UL 60335-2-40/CSA C22.2-Harmonised IEC StandardKnow the Testing requirement under UL 60335-2-40
As we know as the regulatory norms for HVAC Industry is evolving, Which primarily focused on low global warming potential refrigerants aim to achieve global harmonisation of safety requirements in safety appliances. UL 600335-2-40 is a more rigorous testing standard method for Hvac appliances.
The UL 60335-2-40 and harmonised CSA C22.2 applied to packaged air conditioners and heat; partial units; liquid chillers and hydronic fan coil units; hot water heat pumps; dehumidifiers; supplement heaters and equipment with flammable refrigerants
- Will benefit to maintain Ul certifications during testing & certifying new equipment.
- Assures your customer that your product is built with a high level of security
- Gain Competitive advantage with UL 60335-2-40 compliance product .
- Help HVAC manufacturers to help in optimal balance of properties for their system design while also integrating all the safety requirements defined for a full detector package.
Who Should Attend
- New product development manager
- Quality Engineers and managers
- Quality Professionals
- NTP Project developer
- VAVE project developer
- HVAC developers
- Safety Compliance Professionals
Benefits Of Attending
- It will help to gain understanding on the latest test base standard.
- These training offerings benefit the engineers for executing the projects which require the existing components for evaluating and testing to align with the new standard.
1.Introduction to the Standard
-Introduction to UL 60335-2-40/CSA C22.2 No. 60335-2-40 Standard
-Harmonised IEC Standard
– Its impact and overview
2.Applying the Standard
Difference in the previous standard and the new standard clause by clause-UL 1995 vs. UL 60335-2-40
3.Step by step discussion on the new standard UL
60335-2-40-General conditions for the test, Classification
Marking and instructions
Protection against access to live parts
Starting of motor-operated appliances
Power input and current, Heating Void
Leakage current and electric strength at operating temperature
Transient overvoltage, Moisture resistance
Leakage current and electric strength
4.Overload protection of transformers and associated circuits
Endurance, Abnormal operation
Stability and mechanical hazards
Mechanical strength, Construction, Internal wiring
Components, Supply connection and external flexible cords
Terminals for external conductors
Provision for earthing, Screws and connections
Clearances, creepage distances and solid insulation
Resistance to heat and fire
Resistance to rusting, Radiation
toxicity and similar hazards
Expansion of UL 60335-2-40 to different standard
Expansion to new refrigerants
Expansions to new appliances
Expansions to new tests
Clarifications on test parameters