Line Balancing in Manufacturing | Training
Effective Line Balancing forms the core of every successful organization as they strive to increase productivity without incurring unnecessary costs gathers steam.
Cellular manufacturing produces families of parts within a single line operated by machinists who work only within the line or cell.
After going through Cellular Manufacturing & Line Balancing training participants will understand and learn about:
- Understand the fundamentals of Assembly Line balancing and Line Balancing in Lean Manufacturing.
- Learn about the benefits and drawbacks of Cellular Manufacturing.
- Understand the Line Balancing Algorithms.
- Learn about designing complex manufacturing cells.
- Understand the application of Line Balancing in assembly and production lines.
- Understand the sequencing and scheduling problems in any operating system.
- Learn about the methods of Line Balancing in production.
Who Should Attend
- Top Managements
- Design Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Project Managers
- Quality Managers
- Project Engineers
- Quality Engineers
Benefits Of Attending
It is leveling the workload across all cell or value stream processes to remove bottlenecks and excess capacity. Cellular manufacturing allows companies to provide their customers with the right product at the exact time. Line Balancing Training workshop will offer the following benefits:
- Reduction in setup time
- Lessening work in progress
- Reduction in material handling cost and time
- Lowering material flow distance
- Improvement in machine utilization
- Reduction in production lead time
- Improvement in quality
- Better worker morale
- Improved process efficiency
- Increased production rate
- Reduced total processing time
- Minimum or Zero Ideal Time
- Potential increase in profits and a decrease in costs
1. Introduction to Line Balancing Concept
– Fundamentals of Line balancing
– Why line balancing is productive
– Different Components of Line Balancing
– Application of Line Balancing in Assembly & Production Line
2. Line Balancing Procedure
– Basic information
– Drawing the Precedence Chart
– Line speed and cycle time
– Calculating the number of work stations
– Potential efficiency
– Assignment of elements and trial balances
– Calculation of efficiency
3. Line Balancing Algorithms
– Largest candidate rule
– Kilbridge and Wester method
– Ranked positional weights method
also known as the Helgeson and Birnie method
4. Overview of Cellular Manufacturing
– Introduction of Cellular Manufacturing Concept
– What is a cell?
– Benefits and Drawbacks of Cellular Manufacturing,
– Types of Manufacturing Cell
5. Steps to Plan A Simple Manufacturing Cell
– Orient Project
– Couple into the Cell Plans
– Classify Parts
– Select the Best plan
– Analyze Process
– Detail and implement the Plan
6. Designing Complex Manufacturing Cell & Issues
– Overall Cell Plan
– Detailed Cell Plans
Feedback From Past Participants
“This workshop helped us to learn about the benefits and drawbacks of Cellular Manufacturing”.
“This workshop had knowledge about the application of Line Balancing in assembly and production line.”
“The trainer guidance has helped us to learn about designing complex manufacturing cell.”