EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT & SUSTENANCE IN MANUFACTURING
Employee engagement in manufacturing industry is the first and foremost initiative for any company that wants to implement Manufacturing Excellence successfully as it is the mutual commitment between an organization and an employee assisting each other in achieving their goals and expectations.
Employee engagement is essential for the success of any organization due to its correlation with increased productivity and profitability. Employee engagement results in improved productivity, better safety, and greater customer satisfaction. Employee engagement can significantly affect a business’s profits and bottom line, and truly make or break the future of a company.
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT MULTIPLE FASSETS
- Aligning the thought process of the employees towards Manufacturing Excellence
- Enabling all the employees to successfully understand, implement different tools & techniques
- Supporting employees for taking initiatives
ALIGNING THE THOUGHT PROCESS OF THE EMPLOYEES TOWARDS MANUFACTURING EXCELLENCE
Every employee desires to be recognized and rewarded for each of their responsibilities. Aligning the mindset of the different employees to be recognized and rewarded and mapping with Manufacturing Excellence initiatives is the first core responsibility of Manufacturing Excellence Experts.
According to a recent study, engaged employees have productivity rates that are 70% higher than those of non-engaged workers. They also enjoy a 78% higher safety record, 70% lower employee turnover, 86% greater customer satisfaction, and 44% greater profitability. Refer : (www.manufacturing global.com)
ENABLING ALL THE EMPLOYEES TO SUCCESSFULLY UNDERSTAND & IMPLEMENT DIFFERENT TOOLS & TECHNIQUES
As Excellence by itself is defined as a journey not as a destination, during the process of ME implementation Tetrahedron helps employees to acquire 360 Degree skills those help not only for ME implementation but also in their future career ambitions.
Tetrahedron helps management and employees in understanding the “Why” part first of an initiative and then the “How” part of the initiative, in a way the management can confidently depend on the employees to execute critical tasks of Manufacturing Excellence.
Tetrahedron’s Manufacturing Excellence approach carefully study the employee Knowledge, Skill, Ability & Behaviour to chart out the linkage of Manufacturing Excellence initiatives with :
1) Career Progression of Employee by imparting relevant competencies for successful implementation of M.E
2) Additional Financial Benefits for achieving results of Manufacturing Excellence
3) Management Initiatives to listen to the Employee Concerns
SUPPORTING EMPLOYEES FOR TAKING INITIATIVES
While enabling employees to acquire relevant skills and competencies for Manufacturing Excellence Tools and techniques, Tetrahedron also supports to develop of the Risk-Taking ability of employees and to help mitigate the risks by periodic course corrections.
Employees take initiative only when they feel they are skilled, their views are respected, they are confident of getting required management support.
MANUFACTURING EXCELLENCE IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS
Employee Engagement: To improve workplace conditions that drive engagement and enhance employee sense of well-being.
- Basic 5S Awareness
- 1S, 2S Implementation
- Workplace Visual Management (Visual Factory)
- Kaizen Strategy Implementation
- Suggestion Scheme
- Innovative Leaders
Zero Breakdown: Maintenance is all about working for the ultimate goal with a winning maintenance strategy.
- My Machine Campaign
- Machine Utilization Monitoring
- Machine Losses Reduction
- Breakdown Analysis
- Preventive Maintenance
- 3S ,4S & 5S for Machine & Office area
Zero Waste: To eliminate waste across entire waste value chains to the fullest extent possible through reuse and recycling. Zero Waste is more than just a problem of disposal but a need to reduce harm encompassing the entire life cycle of a product.
- Time & Motion Study
- Lean Layouting
- ZCA (Zero Cost Automation) & LCA (Low-Cost Automation)
- Material Handling Optimization
- OEE/ OLE
Zero Accident: The risk of falling, risks related to electricity or handling of machinery, road hazards, and more. Every day, the awareness of each and every employee is essential to avoid accidents in the workplace and to prevent occupational illnesses.
- OH & S Management System Implementation
- Safety KPIs
- Workplace & Safety
- Safety Signage Standardization
Zero Fatigue: Fatigue is a workplace hazard and can be associated with the safety and health of the worker. It affects the health and safety of the employee.
- Scope Defining
- Workplace Ergonomics Analysis different Technical Score (REBA, RULA, WAS, HARM, NIOSH, JSI, KIM, EAWS, RAMP)
- OFI(Opportunities of Improvements) Points Sharing
- Support in Workplace Design Modification
- Final Audit
Zero Effect: To make the production process, product, environment friendly and good enough for social well being and sustainability of the environment.
- Environment Policy
- Effect Impact Analysis & Life Cycle Assessment
- Energy Cost Optimisation
- Waste Management & Control
Zero Defect: Developing a product that has no defects but ensuring the quality standards and reducing the defects to a level of zero in the projects.
- Quality Management System Awareness
- Quality Performance (Quality KPI Development & Tracking )
- Non-Conformities Identification & CAPA Implementation
- Workplace Audit
- 7 QC Tools & 7 Management Tools
- Problem Solving & Poka Yoke
- Root Cause Analysis
Zero Loss: Zero Loss” is an aim/attempt to overcome such losses or minimize their effect upto great extent in order to reduce the manufacturing cost
- Advance Lean Practices Implementation
- Manpower Rationalization
- Design & Process FMEA
- Line Balancing
Zero Delivery / Failure: To accomplish the task within the lead time without failure in inventory time, WIP storage, logistics cost, and mapping of the steps a company takes to complete a certain process.
- Value Stream Mapping
- Value Supply Chain Management
- Inventory Analysis & Management
- Process Mapping (BPM/BPR)