Zero Breakdown Maintenance
One of any industry’s challenges is to achieve zero breakdowns in order to avoid re-works and stoppages of their production lines since they translate into extra costs. Maintenance focuses on providing reliable equipment capable of producing the perfect product. Product uptime is critical in many asset-intensive industries. Poor maintenance results in unplanned breakdowns, less than optimal performance, and costly repairs. Optimizing maintenance means minimizing the cost of maintenance while maximizing product uptime.
- Breakdown- when the loss of equipment’s functioning lasts for more than 15 minutes
- Failure or minor stoppage- when it lasts less than 15 minutes
Maintenance focuses on providing reliable equipment capable of producing the perfect product with Zero breakdown.
Zero Breakdown Maintenance Activities
Right Maintenance Strategies
System Prevent Costly Failures
Most importantly TMS Zero Breakdown approach helps in how to build into your maintenance system so zero equipment failure is a natural way that you run your operation.
Zero Breakdown Maintenance is built on three key premises :
- The first is that equipment will only work properly if its parts work properly. The better the condition of the parts, the better and longer the equipment will run.
- The second premise is that people use plants and equipment. The better the people interact with the plant and equipment, the better and longer the equipment will run.
- The third premise is that you are using the plant and equipment to build a business. The better the plant and equipment operate; the stronger and more competitive your business is.